-->In the second half of 90s Ирина Нельсон got nation-wide popularity under the pseudonym “Диана”. However in 1997 she suddenly disappeared from Russian stage as she left for Germany. There she started her first experiments to find her own music style. In Germany Irina got accustomed to Eastern practices, yoga and meditation. Later on esoteric literature and dealing with superior substances helped Irina to overcome weariness, feel the taste of life and awaken until then drowsing additional creative abilities.
In 1999 Irina came back to Moscow where all that time waited her husband, composer and producer Вячеслав Тюрин (Viacheslav Tyurin).
On returning the singer told him about his idea to create a progressive dance project aimed at the... Read More|
... dance floors and open-minded listeners. Then the producer started casting of young singers who could together with Irina become the face of the new band.
That’s the way how REFLEX, which in the near future was destined to for many years become the leader of Russian pop music, came to life.
- "As soon as we decided to name that project we started reading everything around us and happen to see the word “Reflexion”. In Latin this word means «something which is reflected, a kind of reproduction», and it seemed to us that Reflex – is just the word which represents our inner world.
- Irina Nelson’s return to the motherland turned out to be a triuph. The first Reflex’s single “Dalniy svet” headed “Eurohit Top 40” on the radio “Europa+” But the real popularity came in 2001 after the single “Sojti s uma” which at once took the first positions in leading charts of Russia and CIS. The hit-conveyer kept on working – hits like “Pervij raz”, “Ja tebya vsegda budu zhdat’”, “Potomu chto ne bylo tebya”, “Non-Stop”, “Mne trudno govorit’”, “Padali zvezdy” repeated success of the debut track and strengthened the group’s position among stars of Russian musical stage.
- In 2002 Viacheslav Tyurin and Irina Nelson established the record-company REFLEX MUSIC which aim was to promote high-quality dance and pop-music in Russia. On the basis of the new label work under the fifth album “Non-stop” began. The result of team-work exceeded all optimistic expectation – songs from “Non-stop” during two years stayed in FM radio rotation and four music videos didn’t leave TV screens.
- Leading players of Russian football team – Sergey Ovchinnikov and Dmitry Bulykin took part in shooting of a music video for the main hit which became an unprecedented act of cooperation and mutual support between Russian musicians and sportsmen.
- In 2003 it becomes clear that the success of Reflex and Irina Nelson can’t be left unnoticed in Western countries. “International boom” about Reflex began in the middle of 2003. In August Reflex together with t.A.T.u. represented Russia at the international music festival Pop Komm which took place in a German town Köln. After the performance the dance floor guru Paul Van Dyk came up to them and remarked that he was really impressed by the project and Irina’s vocal in particular. Being keen on the idea of further cooperation he handed over the exclusive rights for publishing his new album “Reflections” to Reflexmusic company. Besides he remixed two Reflex’s songs. Reflexmusic is starting to successfully cooperate with the cult London label Ministry of Sound and musicians from Western Europe. On the credit side of the group there is a team-work under the track "The Way To Your Heart" with an old friend DJ Bobo who has received 7 World Music Awards. In 2003 English version of “Sojti s Uma” song - "I Lose My Mind" won all hearts of European public.
In Spring 2004 the group signed a contract with German company Babelspark and Sony Music concerning release of Reflex’s new single "I Can`t Live Without You". Disc was available in all largest music retail chains of Germany, Austria and Swiss and reached 11th position in music video chart of a famous TV Channel VIVA and 4th place in sales chart in Germany.
German journalists pay special attention to Russian group – at the presentation there were many representatives from biggest German mass media including Springer and RTL TV-company which covered this event in its program “Exclusive”. The largest edition in the world – German tabloid Bild wrote that Germans associated Reflex with “a new image of open, democratic and liberated Russia” and placed Reflex and Irina Nelson on its two covers.
"We have always wanted to make Reflex cosmopolitan,- says Irina Nelson. In particular we wanted it to be aimed at our and European youth who has an idea of a high-quality sound”.
- The year 2005 was marked by the appearance of the most romantic Refex’s songs compilation «Lirika… Lyublyu» which beside album versions includes original remakes of popular ballads. Musicians met Summer-2005 with a light song “Tancy” and animation music video for this song was made by “Muha” studio.
- In the end of 2005 appeared album “Pul’s” that consists of 14 songs am